At Musikmesse 2011, an international music gear expo being held April 6-9 in Frankfurt, Germany, Numark introduced the MIXDECK QUAD, a professional-grade DJ controller and player with integrated effects, inputs for CD and USB flash drives and direct connection for iPad or iPod touch.
With the MixDeck Quad, Numark is making a clear statement that it considers the iPad to be an important DJ platform to support.
- Complete system with CD/MP3/USB decks, mixer, computer audio and MIDI interface, and iPad core MIDI and audio support
- MIDI integration of decks and the mixer for controlling both computer software and iPad apps
- iPad supported by Algoriddum DJAY
- Two-deck Native Instruments Traktor LE software is included in Europe
- Four-deck Virtual DJ software is included in North and South America
- Play from CDs, MP3 CDs, USB flash drives, iPad, computers, and external inputs
- Four-channel mixer with EQ/rotary kills, replaceable crossfader, and MIDI control
- USB MIDI/AUDIO computer interface for software control and audio streaming
- Inputs: Two Mic (XLR and 1/4″), Four Aux (RCA stereo pairs), iPad Connector, Computer (USB, stereo)
- Outputs (all stereo): Main (balanced XLR & RCA), Booth (RCA), Record (RCA), Deck 1 (RCA), Deck 2 (RCA), Cue (1/8” & 1/4”)
- Beat-synced DSP effects with wet-dry fader: chop, echo, filter, flanger, pan, phaser
- Smooth, fast, slot-loading drives with large, touch-sensitive illuminated platters
- Control MIDI software, with no timecode needed, via USB
- CD direct outputs for use with timecode interfaces
- Adjustable start and stop time for vinyl-like deck performance
- Automatic BPM analyzer and Tap tempo for manual BPM entry
- Slide BPM ±6, 12, 25, and 100% or bend with pitch buttons
- Key Lock holds pitch while you independently manipulate its BPM
- Seamless looping, sampling, and easily accessible hot cues
- Keep time moving forward while you cut or reverse the track using Bleep/Reverse
- Single-track, continuous, and programmable playback
- Fader Start plays the cued track when you move the crossfader
- Two large, backlit displays for BPM, CD/MP3 text tags, and folder navigation
The Numark MixDeck Quad
MixDeck Quad is a complete DJ system with 4-channel analog and MIDI mixer. MIXDECK QUAD lets you work with virtually any popular music media, including CDs, MP3 CDs, USB flash drives, DJ software on a laptop or iOS devices like the iPad and iPod touch.
The MixDeck Quad delivers added versatility by adding support for core MIDI on the iPad and iPod touch, opening the world of iOS Apps like Algoriddim’s DJAY to the DJ’s rig.
MixDeck Quad also offers a fully functional four-channel digital/analog MIDI mixer, allowing simultaneous control of a connected iPad or iPod touch and a computer while mixing from CD, flash drives, mics, or external sources.
MixDeck Quad comes complete with Traktor LE DJ software in Europe and Asia, while North and South American DJs will receive Virtual DJ software in the box. Users of other DJ software can control their favorite MIDI software application with MixDeck Quad without the need for timecode, using a simple USB or 30-pin connection.
On top of playing all kinds of music media, each one of MixDeck Quad’s decks lets you perform with beat-synced DSP effects that include chop, echo, filter, flanger, pan, and phaser. Each is adjustable and a dedicated wet-dry fader controls them all.
MixDeck Quad contains a set of beat and pitch tools that will help DJs with beat matching and harmonic mixing. Start playing a track and MixDeck Quad automatically analyzes its BPM (tempo), and displays it on screen.
There’s also a Tap tempo button for manual BPM entry. It’s easy to alter a track’s BPM by ±6, 12, 25, and 100% using the pitch fader. For each of those ranges, DJs can also engage Key Lock, which holds the pitch (key) of the track while the DJ independently manipulates its BPM. There’s also a set of pitch-bend buttons on each track.
MixDeck Quad also delivers tools for on-the-fly remixing, including seamless looping on a set of easy-to-understand controls, sampling, and easily accessible hot cues. Numark’s familiar Bleep/Reverse offers the ability to keep time moving forward while the DJ cuts or reverses the track.
The MIXDECK QUAD will be available Q3-2011. Pricing is TBA.