H.G. Fortune has announced a new synth, Altair 4 – The SciFi Sounds Lab.
According to the company, the Altair 4 is for “spacey & wobbly stuff, drones and scapes i.e FX-sounds, and it is quite good at doing bell like sounds, too”. It’s inspired by the 1956 soundtrack to Forbidden Planet, by Louis and Bebe Barron.
- 2 oscillators with two soundsources with one (B) driving the other (A) to resonate; each oscillator with three mod inputs and extensive control options
- 3 LFO: L1 (7 waves) with key restart on first key pressed, L2 (8 waves) and phase modulation,- L3 (7 waves) with optional modulation by sub LFO;
- 2 hidden LFO: L12 = mix of L1 and L2, L13 = mix of L1 and L3;
- 1 Sample & Hold (6 modes);
- 1 VCA with AR EG (with pan for undelayed sound at Rev section);
- 1 Main Volume with level control: fixed, Velocity, and even Aftertouch, or Wheel;
- 1 Delay (bpm synced) and dedicated pan
- 1 Bass Boost
- 1 Reverb with predelay
- 1 Hold button to hold last played key
- 1 Joypad with 3 balls to control 6 destinations
Altair 4 will be available “soon” for 19 Euro, as introductionary offer until May, 15th 2011. The regular price will be 29 Euro. A demo version is now available.
If you’ve tried Altair 4, leave a comment with your thoughts!