Developer Eyosido has updated their iPad DAW controller eyoControl to version 1.2.
Here’s what’s new:
- Transport, new controller: transport bar with big scrub wheel and large timecode display, to remotely control basic playing/recording abilities of your DAW/recording software. See details here.
- Surface v1.2:
- improved timecode display (all digits, better accuracy).
- better scrub wheel behavior (similar to Transport).
- slight graphic update, few items moved around.
- iPad does not go idle anymore while controllers are running.
- controller’s orientation can be locked in any orientation mode from Preferences.
- eyoControl Server mode: the default eyoControl instance name is no more a random name but the iPad’s name.
- smaller controller icons on the Library page.
- help button on top of the Library page.
- fixes for app staying long periods in background.
eyoControl is designed to let you control your Mac or Windows based Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software from your iPad in various ways, such as a control surface or a virtual instrument. eyoControl communicates with your DAW through CoreMIDI or, optionally, the dedicated eyoControl Server application (Mac only). eyoControl supports most DAW/sequencer software.
Users of the optional eyoControl Server must upgrade to the latest version.
eyoControl is currently $6.99 in the App Store.