4ms has introduced a new Eurorack synth module, the VCA Matrix – a playable 4×4 matrix of 16 VCAs.
Four CV or audio inputs can be routed in any amount/combination to four outputs, using the 16 CV control jacks, Level knobs, and Mute buttons.
- 4 CV/audio inputs and 4 outputs (buffered and dc-coupled)
- 16 VCA’s using high quality SSM chips
- Playable surface with 16 latching Mute LED buttons, to mute each VCA individually (mute button disconnects Control jack and Level knob, and silences the VCA)
- LED button brightness indicates sum of Control jack, Level knob, and Mute button
- 16 Control jacks for VCA level control
- 16 Level knobs attenuate the incoming Control signals. The control jacks are normalled to +5v, so if no control is plugged in, the knobs act as manual level (boost/cut) controls
- Matrix Expandability: VCA Matrices can be connected to form a larger matrix using headers on the back (4×8, 8×8, 12×4, etc)
- Control Expandability: 16-pin header on back side of PCB allows an external device to control all VCAs: e.g. patch recall, patch sequencing, preset patterns such as quadrature panning, etc.
- Suitable as a 4×4 mixer, splitter, as well as dynamic signal router/processor
The VCA Matrix is 28HP, and approximately 1.5″ deep (38mm).
A jumper selects using +5V from the power supply, or generating +5V on-board from the +12V rail.
- -12V rail: 100mA max
- +12V rail:
- 75mA max with jumper selecting external 5V
- 110mA max with jumper selecting internal 5V.
- +5V rail:
- 40mA max with jumper selecting external 5V
- not used (0mA) with jumper selecting internal 5V.
Demo video from Musikmesse 2011.
A dealer list is available at the 4ms site.