Synthetic Bits has announced a major update to its free MIDI step sequencer for iOS, Little MIDI Machine.
Little MIDI Machine v2 was just submitted to the App Store and is not yet available. Here’s a sneak preview of what the upgrade will offer, though.
Little MIDI Machine v2 Features:
- Now a universal app, supports iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
- CoreMIDI support, including network MIDI
- MIDI clock sync for both Line 6 and CoreMIDI, send and receive
- New random sequence mode
- Updated graphics/UI
- Still free
If you’re not familiar with Little MIDI Machine, it’s one of the more wicked freebies available for iOS musicians. It lets you create two independent sequences in classic step sequencing style:
- Sequences can be any length
- Sequences can run forwards or backwards, and can be ‘played’ in realtime
- Sequences can by synced to clock at three different rates
- Note length can be controlled for the entire sequence
- Sequences can control pitch and velocity
- Sequences can be directed to different MIDI channels
The new features should open up a lot of potential for the app, especially the ability to sync to other hardware or apps via CoreMIDI.