Gear retailer Sweetwater has announced GearFest ‘ 11, described as ‘a celebration of musicians and the instruments and equipment they use to make music.’
The free event, being held Friday, June 24th from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday, June 25th from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 5501 US Hwy 30 W, Fort Wayne, Indiana, will feature live music, dozens of workshops, manufacturer exhibits, giveaways and more.
- This year’s featured speaker is Alan Parsons, legendary producer, engineer, and artist. Parsons is famed for his work with The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and his own group, The Alan Parsons Project.
- GearFest will also offer an appearance by BT.
- Seminars will cover topics such as tracking the band, songwriting critique, recording on a computer, introduction to Pro Tools 9 recording software, and many, many more.
- More than 200 manufacturers of musical instruments, music technology, and audio equipment will be on hand to give musicians a look at the latest gear.
- Performers Paul Pigat, Johnny Hiland, Frank Bello, David Ellefson and many more will take the stage to perform on the latest new guitars, keyboards, and electronic drums.
- The Guitar Gallery tent will feature hundreds of guitars and basses on display for guests to get their hands on.
- Sweetwater also says that they have amassed “more than $30,000 in gear that will be awarded to lucky GearFest attendees”.
“It is a unique form of trade show,” says Sweetwater Founder and President Chuck Surack. “There’ s certainly nothing this big, with so many great attractions, that is also free and open to the public, anywhere else in the country.”
Details on GearFest 2011 are available at the Sweetwater site.