Synthetic Bits has released Little MIDI Machine 2.0 – an update to its free step sequencer for the iPad.
New in Little MIDI Machine 2.0:
- Now a universal app that works with iPhone and iPod touch, as well as iPad
- Added MIDI clock sync support
- Added CoreMIDI USB/Network support
- Added random sequencer mode
- Updated graphics/UI
- Other misc fixes/improvements
- Minimum OS version is now 4.3
If you’re not familiar with Little MIDI Machine, it’s a two-channel MIDI step sequencer for the iPad that packs a surprising amount of power, given the app’s simplicity.
For modular synth users, Little MIDI Machine + a MIDI to CV converter does makes a relatively inexpensive alternative to traditional step sequencers.
The updated MIDI support should make it much more powerful for using with other desktop and mobile apps and also hardware gear.
We’re looking forward to trying out Little MIDI Machine 2.0. If you’ve tried it out yourself, leave a comment and let us know how you’re using it and what you think of it!
It’s a free download from the App Store.