Oli Larkin has introduced Endless Series v3 – a Shepard Tone synthesizer for Windows & Mac.
If you’re not familiar with Shepard Tones, they are basically an auditory illusion created by fading out one rising pitch while fading in another, starting at a lower pitch. The result is a sound that appears to be infinitely rising. The same effect can also be created with descending tones.
The above video offers an introduction to Shepard tones.
Details and demos below.
- VST2/AudioUnit plugin based on the Shepard Tone auditory illusion
- Additive tone generator with up to 40 partials
- Circular pitch ring modulator, flanger, filter and 24 stage phaser FX
- Glissando, auto-stepped and MIDI stepped modes
- Many options to tweak harmonicity and timbre
- Stereo detune, phase offset and auto-panning
- Quantise pitches to 14 different scales
- Soft clipping, extra harmonics and noise modulation
- Fast ASR amplitude envelope in MIDI stepped mode
- MIDI reset-able for repeatable output
- Integrated help system
- 32 high quality factory presets
Endless Series is available now for £29.99 GBP.