Developer A Tasty Pixel has released Loopy v2 – a “looper that’ll come out to play, but get down to work when you want to get serious”:
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy 2 doesn’t compromise. Loopy 2 offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It’s fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy 2’s rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don’t have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy 2’s more advanced features at their own pace.
It’s available now for $2.99. Detailed features below.
If you’ve used Loopy, leave a comment with your thoughts on it!
Record & Layer:
- Six beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in and count-out lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time – no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
Import and Construct:
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated MAPI AudioPaste, with support for Intua general pasteboard format.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
Manipulate & Tweak:
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
Perform & Share:
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips (with automatic conversion to compressed AAC audio).
- Share audio with many other audio apps with MAPI AudioCopy.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Note: Loopy 2 is a demanding application that requires an iPhone 3Gs and newer, or iPod Touch 3rd generation (with headset recommended) or newer to run well. Older devices are not recommended for use with Loopy 2.