Moog Music today announced the release of Phatty OS v.3.1, a major firmware upgrade to the Phatty family of analog synthesizers.
Details on the free update below.
New features in the Phatty OS v3.1 update include the following features that improve power, sound and control:
- Volume Velocity Sensitivity: The ability to map note velocity to output volume with fifteen adjustable levels of sensitivity saved per preset. [Tribute Edition hardware does not currently support this feature]
- Legato Glide: Automatically engage the pitch glide between legato notes. Non-overlapping notes snap instantly to a new pitch. The user is able to play or sequence dynamic bends and slides mixed with cleanly-articulated notes.
- LFO Reset: The ability to reset the LFO cycle at the start of each note. Two LFO trigger modes provide dynamic new modulation possibilities.
- Sustain/Hold Mode: A sustain pedal or control voltage plugged into the CV GATE input jack can now be used to send MIDI Sustain on/off, and to polyphonically sustain MIDI notes from the Phatty keyboard.
- 14-bit MIDI: All Phatty synths can now send and receive high-resolution 14-bit MIDI messages for critical voltage-controlled parameters.
- MIDI Output Filtering: New options control which MIDI CC messages are sent from the Phatty, for maximum compatibility with external gear.
- Expanded MIDI Clock sync options: 22 clock divisions including triplet values for both LFO and Arpeggiator MIDI sync. Clock divisions range from 32nd triplets up to 4 bars.
- Improvements to Arpeggiator:
- Global Arp Setup menu: Set important arpeggiator parameters at a global level. Arpeggiator also remains active when presets are changed.
- Gate Length: Adjust the arpeggiator note length from 50% to greater than 100% (overlapping), for a range of new sonic textures.
- Arp Clock Send: Arpeggiator can now send MIDI Clock, MIDI Start and Stop messages, allowing you to synchronize other gear to the Phatty internal clock.
- Improvements to Polyphonic Mode:
- New polyphonic note-allocation scheme: Uses a “round-robin” algorithm to share notes across multiple Phatty synths in a natural and very playable way.
- Polyphonic arpeggiation: Multiple ways to use the Arpeggiator across a poly chain of Phatty synths, from tight integration to completely freeform.
The Phatty OS v.3.1 Update is a free Firmware upgrade for all Phattys: Little Phatty Tribute, Stage 1, 2, and the Slim Phatty. It is available for download at the Moog site.
It is also available as a Factory Upgrade from Moog. Should you choose the Factory Upgrade, Moog will update the firmware for your Little Phatty (Stage 1, 2 and Tribute) as well as include a sonic tune-up to the latest hardware for $99.00.