Hollow Sun has released TriOsc, a new sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt:
Styled on equipment retrieved from an ancient, disused rocket launch control centre, TriOsc features three oscillators with samples of valve sine and triangle waveforms taken from a rack of vintage test equipment to create dense clusters of retro sci-fi electronica.
Unique to TriOsc, is the ‘SERENDIPITY’ button (labelled ‘?’). Clicking this button generates new patches and sounds randomly designed to ‘evoke the spirit and electronic tonalities of the early Radiophonic Workshop’, ‘Forbidden Planet’ and other classic sci-fi movies, Morton Subotnick, Tristram Cary and other early electronic music pioneers. The randomly generated sounds can then be tweaked and shaped to your own particular needs.
According to Hollow Sun, TriOSC’s greatest strength is ‘the random creation of abstract electronic sounds which could have come from crusty analogue sound generators of yesteryear.’
It’s available now for $8. Audio demo and details below.
- Advanced Retro Synthesis Engine.
- Three Oscillators with valve sine / triangle waveforms.
- Samples sourced from vintage test oscillators.
- Multiwave LFO.
- FM / AM modulation.
- ‘Serendipity’ button for random patch creation.
- Poly and mono play modes.
- Portamento / glide.
- Distortion, chorus, phaser, rotary and echo multi-FX.
- Convolved reverb featuring vintage spring reverbs.