Dr Bleep has announced that the Bleep Labs Nebulophone – an Arduino-based stylus synthesizer – has been updated.
Here’s what’s new:
- Five new waveforms including two with dual, detuned oscillators.
- Programmable sequencer to easily make your own arpeggios right on the Nebulophone.
- Perfect tuning across six octaves.
- Improved white noise mode.
- Adjustable temperment and key.
- HYPERNOISE 30XX mode.
- Light controlled analog low-pass filter with five adjustable LFO LED modes.
- Six arpeggio modes with adjustable rate.
- Portamento with three speed settings.
- Infrared control of arp rate with other Andromeda Space Rocker and some Gieske devices.
- Open-source Aduino code and hardware
The Bleep Labs Nebulophone is a DIY synth that’s described as a beginner project. It’s available in the Bleep Labs store for US $55 for the kit or $80 prebuilt.