Yamaha has introduced Faders & XY Pad – a CoreMIDI application that controls external MIDI devices by sending MIDI Control Change messages from the iPad.
8 sliders each with up to 3 control change parameters can be assigned for each of 50 templates. A unique XY-Pad mode lets you control multiple faders by flicking a ball that bounces off the sides of the XY grid for vector synthesis style control.
Yamaha Motif XF owners can use the Faders & XY Pad app for WiFi connectivity and control. Using the Yamaha i-MX1 MIDI Interface, you can connect and control any MIDI instrument.
The app is part of a larger initiative by Yamaha to get into the iPad music apps, including the Tenori On iPad App.
- Universal Controller with 8 faders
- Each Fader has three assignable controls with “control change no.”, “parameter range” and “Channel Number”
- Minimum and Maximum value are assignable for each Control Change
- Learn mode will receive the MIDI signal from an external MIDI device and automatically assign the parameter
- XY Pad
- A unique XY Pad that can control multiple sliders at once
- Each fader can be patched freely into the XY zone
- Touch with 3 fingers to move the ball circularly, 2 fingers to move it iteratively
- Control the speed of the ball
- Customizable skins (PM1D, MOTIF XF, M7CL, DJ and Old Style) available
- Choose your own look for the faders, panel, scribble-strip and scale
Yamaha Faders & XY Pad is available now in the App Store for $3.99.