Yamaha this week introduced a gaggle of iOS music apps, showing a strong commitment from the company to the emerging music platform.
The new apps include:
- Universal Apps:
- Yamaha TNR-i – The iOS version of the TENORI-ON.
- iPad Apps:
- Yamaha Performance Editor Essential – a Core MIDI application that lets you edit the performances of a Yamaha synthesizer from your iPad. You can configure the MEQ and effects, which are often used in editing, in addition to arpeggiator settings, voice combinations, and each voice’s key range. Performance Editor Essential also has an XY pad for controlling parameters in real time. You can also control the tap tempo and volume.
- Yamaha Keyboard Arp & Drum Pad – a Core MIDI application that transmits notes to external MIDI instruments and includes a keyboard, arpeggiator and assignable drum pads. You can play the built-in keyboard, trigger arps and play various patterns of instruments like drum, keyboard, or guitar.
- Yamaha Multi Editor Essential – a CoreMIDI application which gives you the tools you need to mix Songs and Patterns from your Yamaha synthesizer on iPad. You can control volume, pan, chorus send and reverb send for each part as well as detailed editing of the Mix Effects and the Master EQ. Sequencer transport controls are also accessible via the Multi Editor Essential app.
- Yamaha Voice Editor Essential – a simple CoreMIDI iPad editor application for editing the effects in Yamaha Synthesizers. The editor focuses on detailed editing of Insert Effects, System Effects and EQ that are frequently modified and can take advantage of the iPad’s large graphic display. Some essential global parameters including tap tempo and volume control are also included.
- Yamaha Set List Organizer – a CoreMIDI application that can send MIDI program change messages for each song in a live performance from your iPad to a synthesizer or other devices. You can use Set List Organizer to write detailed notes for each song.
- Yamaha Faders & XY Pad – a CoreMIDI application that controls external MIDI devices by sending MIDI Control Change messages from the iPad.
- Yamaha Faders – a CoreMIDI application that controls external MIDI devices by sending MIDI control change messages from your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. 4 sliders each with up to 3 control change parameters can be assigned for each of 50 templates.
See Yamaha in the App Store for details.