Sound Trends has released a free multitrack audio recorder for the iPhone and iPod touch, studio.M.
Based on studio.HD, it offers 4 audio tracks, mono or stereo (upgradeable to 8) with recording, editing, an extensive loop library plus automated mixing and effects.
- studio.M gives you up to 4 tracks (stereo or mono) of playback, upgradeable to 8 tracks (via in-app studio.MX edition upgrade). Choose a drum loop, play a guitar part, add some overdubs and layer-on the textures. More cowbell!
- studio.M automatically conforms audio BPM to the Projects tempo.
- Loop Sets logically group instrument parts (drums, bass, guitars, keys, etc.) that work well together. Audition loops at current Project tempo playing with the current arrangement.
- over 100 loops as remixable Loop Sets spanning Trance, Hip-Hop, Breakbeat, Drum ’n’ Bass, Minimal, Progressive House, Reggaeton, Industrial, Rock, Pop, Funk and Country styles. Upgrade in-app to the studio.MX version and get access to another 130 loops.
- Buy new loops or grab one of the free sets on the store. Loops available from major 3rd party plus smaller boutique dance producers.
- se Loop Record to lay down a few takes and choose your best or edit together a hybrid. Touching the track multiple times switches between Record, Play or Mute mode.
- A fast, touch interface makes it all easier.
- Zoom in and out of your arrangement quickly. studio.M even “Auto-Zooms” the whole composition in view with a double-touch.
- All operations intelligently snap to Bar/Beat based on Zoom level. The LOOP CONTROL BAR lets you change the region you want to loop PLUS lets you Cut/Copy/Paste whole verses/choruses. LOOP/repeat a part to play it longer. SPLIT feature lets you cut longer files into smaller pieces. CROP feature lets you make your current edit into a new, truncated, loopable file. Plus 10 levels of Undo.
- Each track has volume control and can be assigned up to 4 effects with automation. studio.M includes, Compression, Pan, Low/Hi Pass Filter and Reverb. Buy the MX upgrade to add Delay, Flanger, Gate, Stutter, BitCrusher and Glitchy Repeater! An X-Y touch pad controls the effects and faders control volumes.
- New recordings associated with your project can be seen in the Arrange view. Delete recordings by simply dragging them off the timeline. Mistakes? Just hit “Undo”. Archive recordings, Projects, mixdowns and user-created custom loops to the computer.
- Import your 44.1/16 bit WAV files via iTunes Shared Documents. Edit recordings and add them to “My Loop” sets for reuse across multiple Songs/Projects.
- Create a 16/44 WAV mix and save it to your Mac/PC via iTunes.
- Record a cool synth performance in Gruvtron or other ACP-compatible apps and paste it into studio.M as an audio file.
Note: studio.M is a free download, but add-ons are In-App Purchases.