VMeter is a new open source MIDI Controller touch strip and display from Curious Inventor.
In addition to a music controller, it has the potential to be used as a general purpose input touch strip and output meter display. It uses a USB HID interface (like a mouse or keyboard), making it relatively easy to interface with.
There are 8 capacitive touch sensors on the inside, and all the raw values are sent out, making it possible to do pressure sensing and even some limited multi-touch sensing.
- Control any music software that accepts MIDI controller messages
- Textured touch strip guides finger
- Compatible with OS X 10.3+, Windows coming soon
- Connects via USB cable
- 8 inner capacitive sensors mappable for quasi-multi touch
- Dimmable blue LEDs (brightness mappable)
- USB HID protocol makes it accessible as general purpose I/O device
- Upside-down mode reverses LED direction for mounting flexibility
- Open-source computer-side software
- Can control / display system volume. Nice for full screen video volume adjustments.
- Lights mappable to MIDI controllers
VMeter is expected to ship in early August and is available for preorder now for $40.