In addition to introducing Reason 6, Propellerhead has announced Balance with Reason Essentials.
Propellerhead Balance and Reason Essentials is a hardware/software combination designed to offer everything you need for basic music making.
Here’s what Propellerhead has to say about it:
We’ve taken care of all the tedious stuff — calibration, setup, the works. You can concentrate on having fun instead: making music.
With two channels of pristine audio recording, and with inputs for all your gear, your instruments are always connected and you are always ready to record.
Propellerhead Balance with Reason Essentials will be available Sept 30th. Details below.
Note: Reason and Record owners that purchase Reason Essentials with Propellerhead Balance will receive a free upgrade to Reason 6.
- Clip Safe records your take on two channels, one at a lower volume. If your recording clips, it lets you substitute it for the other one.
- Reason Essentials’ Recording Meter lets you tune your guitar and set the levels from across the room.
- Two microphone preamps with phantom power, high impedance guitar and bass inputs with pads, and four line inputs.
- Use the buttons on the front panel to select the active inputs.
- When a Reason Essentials audio channel is active and armed for recording, the Ready LEDs light up. Just hit record and play. The software will take care of the rest.
- Large main output and headphone level controls
- Output muting and Direct Monitoring
- Hit the Mute button once to mute the main outs. Press and hold the button to activate direct monitoring of the input channels, for latency free recording or standalone use.
- Powerful headphone amp offers ‘ear shattering volumes with even the quietest of headphones’.
- Plug and play – Balance is powered through the USB port. On the Mac, no drivers are required. On Windows, the drivers come pre-installed with Reason Essentials.
- 2-in by 2-out audio interface
- USB 2.0 – bus powered
- Hi-end pre-amplifiers
- Hi-end 24-bit ADC/DACs, 44.1 to 96kHz
- Low latency design
- Clip Safe — Never again a lost take because of inadequate level settings. The “built-in recording engineer” watches over your session and automatically heals any clipped recordings.
- Mac OS class compliant (no driver on Mac OS). ASIO drivers for Windows installed with the software.
- Built-in Propellerhead Ignition Key
- Direct monitoring (for stand-alone or DAW use)
- Two XLR microphone inputs w. 48V phantom power
- Two 1/4″ guitar inputs with padding
- Four 1/4″ line inputs (two stereo pairs)
- One 1/4” headphone output
- Two 1/4″ TRS balanced main outputs
- Hardware input source selection
- Input level control
- Separate output and headphone level control
- Output muting