Livid has introduced the OhmRGB MIDI Controller – a handcrafted, expandable MIDI Controller that features Multi-colored LEDs.
Here’s what Livid has to say about the new OhmRGB controller:
We’ve had a lot of users ask for multiple LEDs for each button and custom LED layouts, so we’re really happy that we can offer not just two colors on each button, but seven, and done so in a way that is flexible, thoughtful, and useful. With seven color choices on each button, there’s a lot of efficiency to be gained in better presentation of information, reducing possible error during a critical live show, and increasing focus in the controller, erasing the barrier between ideas and reality.
We recently introduced the expansion jack on our block controller so users can expand it with additional analog sensors and foot controllers, without having to add another MIDI device to their setup. We’ve added this to the OhmRGB to further encourage experimentation and expansion of digital media controllers, and make sure that our users can fully express themselves and control their shows. With two jacks for off-the-shelf foot controllers, you can make your feet do some work, and stop wasting those valuable extremities for mere standing and dancing around! And with a ribbon cable and a few boards from our Builder series, you can knock out a special module that does that one thing that you REALLY need, and free up the entire controller for playing.
This video demo features Pailo and the OhmPages remote script for Ableton Live.
- USB Powered
- Multicolored LEDs with Bi-Directional MIDI communication (talkback)
- Class-compliant: no drivers needed for Mac, Windows, or Linux.
- 81 Programmable backlight buttons for talk-back and interactive performance
- Programmable MIDI mapping allows you to change the MIDI settings on the hardware
- Aluminum Enclosure with Mahogany Wood End Caps
- Open Source software tools to create your own LED talkback interaction
- Ohm Editor included for MIDI editing, and LED talkback programming
- Upgrade to Cell DNA for only $50
- Standard MIDI IN and OUT jacks
- Expansion Jacks for added functionailty
- Made in the USA
- Compatible with any software that supports MIDI learn
- ROHS compliant
- Includes USB cable, and registration card
The Livid OhmRGB is currently priced at $699 and is expected to ship in late July. Details in the Livid Shop.