The Skoogmusic Skoog is basically a music controller, designed with special needs requirements in mind:
An instrument designed explicitly for special needs music education to empower those unable to play traditional instruments. The Skoog is a soft, squeezable object that simply plugs straight into your computer or laptop’s USB port.
Simply touching, pressing, squashing, twisting or tapping the Skoog allows you to play a wide range of instruments, intuitively.
Goals for The Skoog include improving motor skills, coordination and control, multi-sensory learning and sensory integration.
Below, co-inventor Dr Ben Schogler demonatrates The Skoog’s main features and gives a little masterclass in ‘Skoog flute’.
- USB connection – just plug in and play!
- Soft and tactile surface, inclusive for all users
- MAC and PC compatible
- Adjustable Sensitivity and a range of customiseable options
- Extensive range of Physical Modeling Synthesis, Sampling and Midi sound options
- 1x Skoog USB controller
- 1 x CD inc. – Skoogmusic Software (MAC and PC compatible) with Skoog user manual and Quick start guide.
- All future software updates from the Skoogmusic website
The Skoog is priced at £500 GBP. You can find out more about The Skoog at the Skoogmusic site.