The iPad Music Software platform has been on a roll lately – and it looks like it’s not stopping anytime soon.
VirSyn has introduced a new iPad software synthesizer, Addictive Synth, that looks like it could be another powerful tool for iPad musicians.
It promises dynamic wavetable synthesis, intelligent randomizer for both sounds and arpeggios, CoreMIDI support and more.
Pricing and availability are to be announced. Details below.
Check out the specs and video and let us know if you think VirSyn’s Addictive Synth will actually be addictive.
Dynamic wavetable synthesizer
- Six dynamic wavetable oscillators per voice, up to 48 total.
- Continous morphing between two oscillator sets.
- Realtime editing of up to 128 partials (overtones).
- Realtime editing of filter structure to create arbitrary body resonances.
- Extensive modulation possibilities using up to 4 LFOs and 4 Envelopes.
- Control matrix allows real time control of five parameters using the X/Y touch pad, the modulation wheel and the tilt sensors of the iPad.
- Monophonic or polyphonic with 8 voices.
- 128 factory presets, unlimited user presets can be shared.
- Up to three effects concurrently usable selected from: equalizer, phaser, flanger, chorus and stereo/cross delay.
- Play melodies live with the onscreen keyboard. Drag fingers for slides and vibrato.
- Optionally use CoreMIDI* compatible hardware keyboard.
Full featured programmable Arpeggiator
- Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
- Can trigger single notes and chords.
- Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
- 32 Arpeggios included, unlimited useer arpeggios possible.
- For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order
- Export loops as audio and midi files.
- Audio pasteboard. Copy audio recordings to Clipboard for use with other Apps (e.g. Intua BeatMaker and many others)
- Exchange user presets with File Sharing in iTunes.