Remember the Orange OPC Guitar Amplifier + Recording Studio Workstation – the bizarro computer + guitar amp combination that was introduced at this year’s NAMM Show?
Music Radar got their hands on one of the Orange OPC computers and put together this first look at it.
According to Orange, the OPC computer will be leading the way with a number of ‘Firsts’:
- The first PC to feature an integrated audio interface enabling the user to plug in a guitar or microphone using a standard 1/4? jack plug
- The first computer of its kind to have built-in high powered speakers which deliver full range studio quality sound as well as producing vintage guitar sounds.
The OPC comes with the following software packages:
- IK Multimedia Amplitube 3 including Custom Shop Orange Amps – Amp and Effects Modelling Software
- Presonus Studio One Custom Orange Edition – DAW
- Acoustica Mixcraft 5 – DAW
- Toontracks EZdrummer Lite
- Lick Library Player – Guitar learning and jamming centre
- 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz
- OPC Instrument Interface 24bit, 96hz ULTRA low latency
- 2 independent ¼” jack inputs for guitar, microphone or instrument, switchable and attenuated
- Optical & Coaxial S/PDIF outputs
- Slot-loading DVD-DL Drive
- Wireless-G (802.1 B/G) with top-loaded antenna
- Intel® Core™ i3-540 Processor (4M Cache, 3.06 GHz)
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
- Stereo Amplifier with 2 x JBL 6.5”Dual Concentric drivers