White Noise Audio has released Genome MIDI Sequencer (GMS) – a pattern based MIDI sequencer for the iPad.
According to the developer, “It’s simply the best app on the iPad for controlling all your MIDI gear. You can sequence single patterns or an entire 16 track song.”
- CoreMIDI, Line6 Mobilizer Mk I & II compatible
- Supports Network MIDI
- Sends and Receives MIDI Clock Sync, Start and Stop events
- Also sends Note On, Note Off, Pitch Bend, Aftertouch, Channel Pressure and CC’s
- Pattern Based, pattern changes occur on bar boundaries so song stays in sync
- On screen keyboard interface
- Up to 16 simultaneous tracks, unlimited number of patterns
- Song / live modes
- Record incoming CC’s and Notes
- Undo / redo for most actions
GMS is compatible with the Line6 MIDI Mobilizer and any interfaces that support CoreMIDI using the Camera Connection Kit or Network MIDI. Network MIDI allows you to send events to your Mac Desktop or to other iOS devices and apps.
NOTE: GMS does does not produce any sounds by itself. Some MIDI gear or software synths are required to use this app.
Have you tried Genome MIDI Sequencer? Leave a comment with your thoughts on it!