Konkreet Labs has announced an update to Konkreet Performer – their bizarro control surface for the iPad.
Konkreet Performer is even more insane – adding Inertia control.
Inertia will give you new behaviour when:
- dragging the object pulls the nodes according to inertia
- using snapshots or jump mode sets a target to which the object then morphs according to inertia
- Variable Inertia Setting: for smooth morphing transitions in your music
- A value of zero disables inertia
- Around 30 is the equivalent of the old “easing” speed in version 1.0.6
- 100 is the maximum inertia, for super slow movement.
- Control Inertia from Preferences Screen or directly via the Ribbon (for real-time changes during performance)
- Gestures (rotate/pinch) can be used seamlessly without interrupting the morphing movement
Additionally new to V1.2:
- Snapshot Enhancement: Snapshot buttons now respond to touches dragged across them for really fast changes
Konkreet Performer is $24.99 in the App Store. If you’ve used Performer, let us know what you think of it!