This is a demo of the Sonuus i2M Musicport – a USB audio interface that converts audio into MIDI signals.
This example shows how to control Korg iMS-20 on an iPad using a standard guitar. The Sonuus i2M Musicport converts guitars and other musical instruments to MIDI with very low latency. Being a standard USB MIDI device, it can work with the iPad using the iPad camera connection kit.
While the Sonuus i2M Musicport was designed with guitar and bass in mind, it works with most musical instruments, including wind instruments and the human voice.
- 16-bit, 44·1 kHz/48 kHz digital audio with Hi-Z input preamp.
- Any musical instrument can be used as a solo MIDI instrument.
- Optimised settings for: Guitar, 4-String Bass, 5-String Bass and Voice/Wind.
- No instrument modifications or special pickups required.
- Robust note detection ? minimises wrong notes.
- Very low latency & ultra-fast tracking.
- Ultra-fast, accurate MIDI pitch-bend or chromatic mode.
- Ultra-compact, lightweight and portable.
- USB bus-powered (no power supply required).
- Future-proof upgradeable firmware.
The Sonuus i2M Musicport is priced at $193.50 / £118 (ex VAT). See the Sonuus site for details.