TranceDrive is a free subtractive synthesizer for Windows, designed for creating massive trance music sounds.
The developer notes that TranceDrive “has built-in supersaw oscillators, for fat synths and pads, harsh filters, a trance gate and a hugh reverb effect.”
- 3 main oscillators, each main oscillator supports 6 waveforms: sine, saw, triangle, pulse, saw7, cry
- The waveform “saw7” is a supersaw with 7 detunable sub oscillators
- The waveform “cry” is an experimental waveform, it is built up with several hardsynced saws
- Main oscillator 2 has an additional unisono mode, when it is enabled, the whole oscillator triples its voice and the voices can be detuned from each other
- The oscillators can be chained (osc1 to osc2 and osc2 to osc3) using FM, PM and sync, these 3 options can also be used at the same time
- Seperate noise oscillator
- 3 LFOs, each supports 5 waveforms: sine, saw, triangle, pulse, sample and hold
- The LFOs can be synchronized to the host tempo or run free at a specific frequency
- Each LFO can control multiple parameters of each OSC, you can even assign several LFOs to the same parameter
- LFO1 can control the filter cutoff
- 2 Envelope generators (Mod & Amp) with variable shapes
- The modulation envelope can control multiple parameters of each OSC, and it can also be mixed with the LFOs. Additionally it can control the filter cutoff
- 3 types of filters: lowpass, highpass and bandpass
- Each filter type can be set to 6dB, 12dB, 18dB and 24dB steepness
- 9 effects, and they can be used at the same time: gater, chorus, phaser, flanger, distortion, delay, reverb, equalizer, stereo-effects
- Each of the unused parts of the synth is shown with less contrast, so you can focus on the active parts
- The output of the synth can be clipped to avoid overdriving noise. The clipping is done with a soft limiter, that can be used to compress the whole synth sound (just enable clip and turn up the main volume)
You can download TranceDrive at the Yedey.com site.
Video demo via myVST.