Developer One Red Dog Media, creator of Molten drum machine for iOS, has announced that their new virtual analog synthesizer for the iPad, Arctic Keys, has been submitted to Apple for approval.
Arctic Keys is a four-voice synth, offering extensive modulation capabilities, an arpeggiator, a sequencer and deep MIDI options.
Here’s what they have to say about Arctic Keys:
Tweak. With all the synthesizer parameters immediately available on one page, you get instant feedback as you tweak.
The two LFOs each have three modulation destinations. Each LFO may also be free running or sync’ed to tempo and the timing rate adjusted.
The modulation matrix allows for deep routing between the Mod Wheel, aftertouch and 16 x 4 analog-style gated step-sequencer.
Perform. The classic arpeggiator is complimented by the 16 x 4 gated step-sequencer. Play a note to trigger the sequencer.
Step through a sequence to play short melodic lines or let it modulate the synthesiser. Each of the 4 tracks have an assignable modulation destination and loop point.
Adjust the velocity by tapping along the length of the key from top to bottom. Change the key mode to mono for retro lead lines.
Share. The live phrase recorder lets you save your performances as 44.1KHz 16-bit WAV files and as a Standard MIDI File.
The MIDI File includes all the knob’s control change information along with the notes you play.
Use Sonoma AudioCopy or Intua Audio Sharing to paste recorded audio directly into other apps.
E-mail the patches you make or share them over Wi-Fi
Pricing and availability are to come.
- Synthesis: analog modelling
- Polyphony: up to 4 voices
- Oscillators: 2 per voice, alias free, saw, triangle and square with pulse width, hard sync, ring mod, noise generator
- Filter: 1 multi-mode resonating filter with 4 filter types
- Envelopes: filter and amp ADSR envelopes
- Modulation: 2 LFOs with multiple wave shapes, sample and hold, 3 routable destinations per LFO
- Effects: master effect processors: 3-band EQ, Distortion, Chorus, Stereo Delay
- Arpeggiator: classic apreggiator with octave shift, MIDI-sync-able
- Sequencer: 16×4 gated step sequencer with multiple modulation destinations, MIDI-sync-able
- Keyboard: glissando, scroll, multi-touch poly pitch bend and aftertouch
- KORG WIST
- Sonoma AudioCopy
- MIDI Learn
- Live phrase recorder with audio and MIDI export
- File and patch sharing via iTunes File Sharing, e-mail and Wi-Fi
- Supports external MIDI in and out via CoreMIDI Networking and USB with the Camera Connection Kit
- Audio background operation
- Virtual MIDI cabling
- Open Music App Collaboration compliant