Pioneer has introduced a new compact DJ controller, the Pioneer DDJ-ERGO-V for Virtual DJ.
- Bundled with Virtual DJ LE – The DDJ-ERGO comes packaged with Atomix Productions’ Virtual DJ Limited Edition with a Pioneer original GUI and a broad range of performance functions straight from the controller.
The DDJ-ERGO offers dedicated knobs and buttons for four-deck mixing, filters, sample decks and loop recording. This makes it possible to access all the most important controls instantly without pressing the Shift button, which is only required for more advanced performance features and settings.
The MIDI output makes the DDJ-ERGO compatible with most other DJ software on the market, Traktor users can apply the included TSI settings file to control their favorite software.
- Pulse control adds a visual dimension for precision performance– uses light to give a visual representation of pitch, beat, effects and which decks are in use. The main features of Pulse Control include:
- Mix Pulse: A blue LED on the jog wheel shows how close the phase of the mix is during a mix. The bigger the difference in pitch, the weaker the light. The closer the match, the more intense the light shines.
- Beat Pulse: LEDs in the channel faders match the beat of the track in play. The strength of the light reflects output levels.
- Launch Pulse: A red light travels from the Load button towards the Jog Wheel to indicate when a track has been loaded.
- FX Pulse: Various light patterns on the Jog Wheel clearly show which FX DJs have applied.
- Pro features – The DDJ-ERGO offers a 115mm Jog Wheel from the Pioneer pro-DJ range. The controller has also inherited the same layout as the popular DDJ-T1 and DDJ-S1 controllers. Plus the controller employs the same audio circuitry as Pioneer’s professional mixers for the master out terminal.
- Laptop integration keeps screen in DJs’ line of sight at all times – Pioneer’s laptop dock design enabled DJs to place laptop keyboards underneath the controller to use as little space as possible and keep the screen in view while using the controls. The DDJ-ERGO can also be adapted to sitting or standing positions; simply set the controller flat on any surface by unscrewing the removable legs.
- USB-powered – The DDJ-ERGO is fully operational from a USB bus through your computer, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
- Other features:
- Line in and MIC input
- The industry’s first lock mechanism, “P-LOCK Fader Cap”, is equipped on the cross-fader and each channel fader to prevent fader caps from slipping during performance.
- Built-in audio interface.
The DDJ-ERGO-V is priced at 499 Euros, inclusive of VAT.