Developer A Tasty Pixel has released Loopy HD (App Store link) – an advanced audio looping application for iOS.
If you’re not familiar with Loopy for iOS, it’s one sick looper. Loopy HD goes further, though, doubling the number of loops that you can layer.
At $3.99, Loopy HD is a no-brainer purchase for any iOS user interested in looping. That said, where’s the MIDI?
Demo and details below.
If you’ve used Loopy HD, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!
Here’s a demo video for Loopy HD. While it’s an official video, it’s not that great of a demo, with distorted audio. If you do a user demo that’s better, leave the URL in a comment!
- Record & Layer
- Six, nine, or twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time – no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
- Import & Construct
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated MAPI AudioPaste, with support for Intua general pasteboard format.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
- Manipulate & Tweak
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- Perform & Share
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips (with automatic conversion to compressed AAC audio).
- Share audio with many other audio apps with MAPI AudioCopy.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.