Korg has announced another app for iOS, iKaossilator for iPhone, which is available now in the App Store.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
Korg has revolutionized the musical instrument world with their dynamic line of Kaoss products, using an intuitive X-Y pad to provide expressive musical control.
The palm-sized KAOSSILATOR synthesizer placed modern music-making in the hands of thousands of musicians and non-musicians alike. Now that same excitement has been captured in the iKaossilator app for iPhone!
iKaossilator for iPhone Highlights:
- Play sounds by simply stroking, tapping, or rubbing the screen with your finger
- Bold Visual Effects move along with your performance and add excitement
- 150 diverse built-in sounds cover any style of dance music
- Scale/Key settings allow anyone to perform with musical precision
- Easily create tracks with the loop sequencer using up to five parts
- Control loops in real time for DJ-Style live performances
- WIST capability allows wireless sync-start with other apps such as the iElectribe
iKaossilator is currently available for $9.99, half off the regular price.
If you try out iKaossilator, let us know what you think of it!.
iKaossilator uses the unique X-Y interface made famous by Korg’s Kaoss Line, including the original hand-held KAOSSILATOR. Create melodies and phrases simply by stroking, tapping, or rubbing the touch screen with your finger.
You can use the 150 built-in sounds for a broad range of dance music styles including hip-hop, house, techno, dubstep, nu-disco, and electro.
The built-in loop sequencer lets you layer up to five musical parts. To create a track, assign a loop such as synth, bass, chords, sound effects, or drums to each part. Fifty loops are built-in to help you get started quickly. In addition to its track-making capabilities, this loop sequencer is designed for live performance. The Mix Play feature makes it easy to switch seamlessly to another loop or extract a specific part from another loop while the playback continues.