DS Media Labs has released, Mixr, a new DJ app for the iPad.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
Mixr delivers a rich feature set designed for mobile DJ’s. You can pitch, tap to tempo, scratch, multi-cue and mix with precision. You can manage your iPod library with the revolutionary Crate Manager. Make crates with the touch of your finger in the drag-n-drop interface, you have complete control over your mixes.
Featuring high quality DSP effects, you can add Delay and Reverb to your mixes to add that extra punch to your sets. Supporting mono split audio output, you can monitor pre-cueing with your headphones for live performances. Record your mixes and back them back in a sleek player. Recording a mix automatically creates playlists! Turn your iPad into the best mobile DJ Turntable Studio, with Mixr.
Mixr is $19.99 in the App Store. If you’ve tried out Mixr, let us know what you think of it!
There’s been a lot of discussion in the comments about whether Mixr gives users the tools they need to do a DJ set.
Here’s a video embed from the Mixr DJ introduction, so you can judge for yourself:
- Dual Multi-Touch Turntables
- Audio Waveforms (2 Views)
- Multi Cue Loops
- Quick Loader
- Double-Tap Slider Reset
- Manual Crossfader
- Crate Manager
- My Library
- My Mixes
- Recorded Mix Player
- LCD Track: Artist, Song/Album. Elapsed/Remaining Time.
- Tap to Tempo
- Tempo control (+/- increments)
- Pitch-Bend (6%, 12%, 25%)
- 4-band equalizer (-24 dB to +6 dB)
- 3 Manual Loops
- High Fidelity Vinyl Scratching
- Ultra-low latency
- Direct iPod library access
- Quick track load popover
- Browser by play list, songs, artist, genre
- As-you-type instant library search
- AAC, AIFF, WAV, MP3
- Create, delete & rename Crates
- Pre-cueing thorough headphones (Mono Split)
- Advanced recording
- Auto track listings
- Auto-saving (cues, crates, bpm, waveforms)
- Fully optmized for iOS 5
Tips & Tricks
- Crossfader: Use the A and B buttons to perform a smooth auto crossfade
- Library: You can rearrange crates and tracks in wiggle mode
- Sliders & Faders: Tap any where to instantly change values
- Mixr Academy: Training tutorial videos are available at http://mixrdj.com/academy