Reader Thilo Geertzen, aka Cie, sends word of a new app for the Novation Launchpad, Lauflicht Step Sequencer:
I would like to introduce a new Step Sequencer for the Launchpad called “Lauflicht Step Sequencer”. It has 8, 16 or 32 steps and was especially designed for playing live, to be capable of editing beats/patterns without the mouse, and to jam around having a nice and quick method to set the notes of a pattern.
With the Lauflicht Step Sequencer Launchpad Edition, you have complete control of the whole pattern with your Launchpad, regardless of the pattern length and step size you have chosen. You can navigate through the pattern, change resolution modes, and scroll through the tracks with the buttons of the Launchpad. It just turns your Launchpad into a great Hardware Step Sequencer.
You can see a video demo of Lauflicht Step Sequencer, above, controlled by the Novation Launchpad.
If you’ve used Lauflicht Step Sequencer, let us know what you think of it!
- 8, 16 or 32 steps
- unlimited tracks
- unlimited patterns
- set up for each track a sample, sample bank, a vst instrument or a Midi instrument of your choice
- set for each step: velocity, delay, note values including “note OFF”, note length
- chord mode: insert up to 3 notes in one track
- variable note resolution: 3 modes switchable (for example edit 1/2, 1/4 or 1/16 notes)
- quick clear: delete all steps of a track at once
- complete bidrectional editing: all changes made with the Launchpad are visible in the software plugin at once – and vice versa
- autoload: existing notes with given instruments are loaded into the plugin/Launchpad display
- all parameters are changeable during play in the plugin
- instant instrument switch: when selecting another instrument for a track, the notes in the pattern of the appropriate track are changed to the new instrument automatically
- control the complete pattern with your Launchpad: scroll through the tracks with up/down buttons, make the next steps visible with left/right buttons and the “next page” button
The plugin costs 24 EUR and is available on stepsequencer.net. A free version is available for testing purposes.
- Novation Launchpad
- The DAW Renoise (free or full version)
- Lauflicht Step Sequencer Plugin Launchpad Edition