Ean Golden reviews the new Korg iKaossilator app for iOS – a new app that turns the screen of iPhone, iPod touch or iPad into a Kaossilator-like instrument.
iKaossilator isn’t as deep an instruments as something like Korg’s own iMS-20. But, as Golden demonstrates, it’s an electronic music app that anybody should be able to have some fun with. And with WIST and a 5-part loop sequencer, it should be capable of a lot more in the right hands.
If you’ve tried out iKaossilator, what do you think of it?
- Play sounds by simply stroking, tapping, or rubbing the screen with your finger
- Bold Visual Effects move along with your performance and add excitement
- 150 diverse built-in sounds cover any style of dance music
- Scale/Key settings allow anyone to perform with musical precision
- Easily create tracks with the loop sequencer using up to five parts
- Control loops in real time for DJ-Style live performances
- WIST capability allows wireless sync-start with other apps such as the iElectribe
iKaossilator is currently available in the App Store for $9.99, half off the regular price.