Arturia released details on a new virtual analog, the Oberheim SEM V.
The software synthesizer is designed to recreate Oberheim’s classic SEM – Synthesizer Expander Module – but enhanced with features made possible through software.
- All the original parameters of the Oberheim SEM : two oscillators, each offering sawtooth wave and variable-width pulse wave with PWM, sine wave LFO, 12dB/oct multi-mode Filter with low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch, two ADS envelopes
- Added functionalities : New LFO, Noise, Sub oscillator, on board effects (distortion, chorus and delay), Arpeggiator, Portamento
- Polyphony and 8 Voice Multitimbrality
- New 8-voice Programmer module
- Advanced Keyboard follow module
- Modulation Matrix module
- Works in Standalone, VST 2.4 & 3, 64 bit & 32 bit, RTAS and AU 32 & 64 bit formats
- Compatible with Windows (XP/Vista/Seven 32 bit and 64 bit), Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, Intel only)
The Oberheim SEM V is expected to be available in December, for US $ 249 / EURO 229.
See the Arturia site for audio previews.