IceBreaker Audio has introduced Grid – a new 8×8 matrix sequencer for Native Instruments Reaktor:
GRID is designed to be a sound sequencer, it is neither a drum machine nor a sequenced synthesizer, but some kind of hybrid of the two. GRID was designed to have no tabs and a single set of controls for the sound source.
GRID is a perfect addition for any style of music; it can be bent and twisted into a variety of sounds. It is open to be used in whatever context you wish to use it. From minimal techno, to ambient soundscapes; 8-bit chip tune to distorted glitches – GRID is what you make of it.
- 8 voice sound sequencer controlled from an animated 8×8 grid
- 42 presets with 4 patterns per preset (a total of 168 patterns)
- Per voice pattern length
- Analog and digital sound generation modes
- 2 modulation step sequencers and an LFO
- Filter and delay effects built in
- “Glitch” controls to add chaos and noise
- Automatic tempo-synchronization when used in a host
- Preconfigured TouchOSC templates for iPad and iPhone
Here’s a video demo of how to make an analog style drum beat in Grid.
You can listen to some Grid audio examples below:
Grid is available now for £20.00.