Noisepad is a new drum machine app for the iPad. It lets you make beats, load up your own samples and sequence them and add effects.
- Sound effects: Pitch . Delay . Phase . Cut-off . Reverb . Crush
- Slider double tap: reset the effect to the off position
- Soundbanks: samples & beats are organized into multiple sets
- Cut: each sample cuts previous sample
- L/R: switch the orientation to suit left or right handed
- Tap: tap for the tempo of your effects
- Volume: set the Noisepad volume separately from the device volume
- Effects Dry / Wet: set effect strength from 0 to 100%
- Audio output: output meter
- In-App shop: download the latest samples from your favorite artists
- Background music: play a track in iTunes and make some noise on the same device
- Custom soundbank: upload your own samples using iTunes*
- Supported sound formats: (.CAF / .WAV / .MP3 audio files, 22khz / 44khz / 48khz, stereo / mono ).
No mention is made of MIDI support.
NoisePad is currently $2.99 in the App Store. If you’ve used Noisepad, leave a comment with your thoughts on it.