Any chances of the 2012 NAMM Show being a dud have officially been eliminated.
Akai has figured out how to get even jaded synthheads excited about MIDI control keyboards again.¬†Check out the Akai Pro MAX49 – a control keyboard that combines MIDI, Control Voltage support, LED touch faders & MPC pads.
So, if you’ve got a modular synth, or a keyboard made in the last 50 years, or a DAW – this should work with it.
MAX49 is one of the most unique controllers ever engineered. Right away you’ll notice one of its more distinguishing features: four banks of eight backlit LED touch faders, allowing you to assign up to 32 control parameters. You can use MAX49’s LED touch faders just like analog faders by dragging your finger along their touch strips, or you can perform instant leaps in any MIDI value from zero to maxed out and everything in between.
MAX49 is also equipped with four banks of 12 backlit MPC pads, giving you a total of 48 assignable pads, allowing you to integrate Akai Pro production capability into live performances and recording sessions alike. These backlit, velocity sensitive pads come with MPC Swing, Note Repeat, Full Level and navigation controls.
USB, MIDI & Control Voltage
MAX49 comes ready to command any controller hardware or software from any era: USB MIDI, traditional 5-pin DIN MIDI and even Control Voltage and Gate outputs are onboard, allowing you to control everything from today’s most advanced music software, to analog modular synths from as far back as the 1960s. Mackie Control and HUI protocols are also built in to give you instant compatibility with many industry standard DAWs.
Here’s the official intro video:
- 49 semi-weighted keys with Aftertouch for complete musical expression
- Built-in step sequencer for detailed track construction
- Expanded arpeggiator with latch and time division controls
- Included AkaiConnect software automatically maps to VST plugins
- 12 backlit, real MPC pads with MPC Note Repeat and MPC swing
- Eight backlit LED touch faders for gradual or instant parameter value changes
- Four pad banks & four fader banks provide a total of 80 assignable pads & faders
- CV & Gate outputs for use with vintage analog synths (1V/Oct)
- Large, centrally-positioned transport controls & rubberized pitch and modulation wheels
- Mackie Control & HUI modes provide instant compatibility with many DAWs
Pricing and availability are to be announced.
We’re excited to see Akai doing something new with control keyboards. Check out the specs and intro video on the Akai Pro Max49 and let us know what you think of it!