The VENUE SC48 Remote System is a compact digital live sound system “that delivers the revered sound quality,” deep Pro Tools integration, and direct plug-in support of its earlier VENUE SC48, but now with the added benefit of remote I/O functionality for increased flexibility.
Consisting of the SC48 console and new VENUE Stage 48 remote box (pictured below right), Ethernet Snake Card, and VENUE 3 software, the SC48 Remote System is an alternative to the all-in-one SC48, enabling engineers to place the I/O away from the console and closer to sources for optimal sound. The system also boasts “fully redundant” Ethernet AVB snake connectivity (the first in the live sound industry) over inexpensive, lightweight Cat6 cable, giving sound engineers reliability—without cable clutter.
With the new VENUE SC48 Remote System, customers can:
- Get the sound, power, and reliability of VENUE in a flexible, compact system
- Gain extensive connection versatility, with 48 inputs and 16 outputs (expandable to 32), customizable between SC48 and up to two Stage 48 remote boxes
- Attain pristine audio quality, as mic preamps can be placed as close to sources as possible, eliminating long analog cable runs
- Get highly reliable transmission through low-latency, open standard Ethernet AVB, delivering fully redundant, all-digital connections through standard Cat6 cable—at distances up to 100 meters
- Record and play back up to 32 channels in Pro Tools (included) with just a FireWire-equipped laptop
- Bring the sound of the studio to any live performance with fully integrated plug-in support—no external cables or computers needed
- Load show files created on any VENUE system—no matter the configuration—for full show file portability
More after the break:
VENUE Stage 48
The Stage 48 remote I/O box will also be available as an add-on option (along with its companion Ethernet Snake Card) to existing SC48 users, enabling them to get more flexibility from their system and:
- Move existing SC48 I/O to Stage 48 for a more cost-effective remote I/O solution
- Get the best possible sound quality with the I/O closer to sources for maximum fidelity
- Increase reliability and reduce cable clutter with fully redundant Ethernet AVB connectivity
- Connect a second Stage 48 to SC48 for more distributed I/O versatility
VENUE 3 Software
The VENUE 3 software upgrade offers VENUE customers new features, including faster workflows to speed up their mixing. Current SC48 customers will also benefit, as the software upgrade provides more busses, input processing channels, plug-in slots, and Pro Tools channels than ever.
By upgrading, users can:
- Record and play back up to 32 Pro Tools channels (up from 18) over FireWire (SC48 and FWx Option Card users)
- Create bigger mixes with expanded input processing channels in SC48 (increased from 48 to 64) and VENUE Mix Rack (increased from 64 to 80) Systems
- Get HPF settings included in all EQ presets, and when copying/pasting EQ settings
- Quickly configure console layouts by simply dragging and dropping channel strips
- Handle a full stage of monitor mixes with 24 busses available for SC48 (up from 16)
- Expand their creativity with more plug-ins, now with 40 plug-ins slots for SC48 (up from 20)
- Program the Console User button in the Events List to perform common tasks such as tap tempo or recalling a snapshot
The VENUE SC48 Remote System, VENUE 3 software upgrade, Stage 48 remote box, and its companion Ethernet Snake Card are all expected to be available worldwide in February 2012.