Koma Elektronik has introduced the Kommander Infrared Motion X-Y Controller For Modular Synthesizers.
The Kommander is a handheld dual infrared X-Y motion controller that is designed to make controlling your instruments intuitive and fun.
The device measures the distance to your hand or any other surface and sends out corresponding CV signals between 0 and 8 volts. The closer you have your hand to the Kommander, the higher the output voltage. This will allow you to create weird synth sounds, trigger a drum machine, control effect pedals or any other instrument that is capable of receiving CV signals.
- 2 IR sensors with optical crosstalk
- 2 mini jack outputs (one for each sensor)
- Sensing range trimmer on the inside
- 0 – 8V CV output (prototype)
- 9V DC input (final version might run on 12V, Doepfer/Eurorack standard)
The Kommander is expected to be available in Q2 2012 for approximately 59.00 EUR / 75.00 USD (incl. VAT).
Note: Koma says that the ]technical specifications and pricing are still subject to change as this product is still under development.