At the 2012 NAMM Show, Alesis introduced the DM Dock – a new iPad dock that turns an iPad into a electronic drum module.
Around the back, the DM Dock lets you plug in standard drum pads, patch in MIDI cables and connect to stereo outputs.
Here are the details.
- The only drum module for iPad and iPad 2
- Works with virtually any app including GarageBand
- 13 individual 1/4″ TRS trigger inputs for connecting drum and cymbal pads and other triggers
- Works with dual-zone drum and cymbal pads, continuous hi-hats, three-zone rides, and multiple chokeable cymbals
- Hinged door completely encloses and secures your iPad
- Mounts to any stand or rack using the Alesis Module Mount (sold separately)
- 1/4″ Headphone jack with volume control
- 1/8″ Mix Input for mixing in external audio sources
- Balanced 1/4″ stereo main outputs for connecting to an amp or PA
- MIDI input and output for connecting to external MIDI hardware
- USB MIDI port for use with MIDI software applications or your Mac or PC
- Powers and charges iPad using universal wall power supply
- Assignable footswitch input for program changes, start/stop sequences or metronome
- DM Dock
- iPad 2 Adapter
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
- Power Supply
- Cable Snake
Pricing for the Alesis DM Dock expected to be about $249 and it should ship in Q2 2012.