White Noise Audio have released a new version of Genome MIDI Sequencer, their multitouch sequencing app for the iPad.
Here’s what’s new in Genome MIDI Sequencer 1.6:
- New: Continuous scrolling
- New: Scales
- New Options: View snapping, note echoing in Pat Ed.
- Added MIDI panic button
- ‘Envelope Draw’ mode for modifying length, velocity, and timing
- Added selection toolbar for modifying note length, quickly deleting selected notes. More options are planned
- Removed quantize config item, use Snap button in Pattern Editor instead
- Fixed various selection issues and inconsistencies
- Triplet status now gets saved in Pattern info
- Added UI button for no snapping
- CC select by Value
- Bug fix: Saving the song on leaving the app will now occur in a background task
- Usability: Popup windows allow click outside to close
- Added URL scheme launching of Genome
- Added snap size text on UI
- Fixed selection / undo / copy / paste crash bug
- Show +/on pitch bend line
- Added color coding on CC’s
- Fixed inability to delete notes outside of the pattern
- Made it easier to tap tiny zoomed out notes (for delete / drag)
The new version improves usability and also should make creating and experimenting with sequences faster.
It seems like the developer is listening to user feedback at Synthtopia, so let them know what you want to see!