This year’s NAMM Show was the best in recent memory – with a dozen new synths, MIDI controllers of all sorts and interesting new software, too.
The gear that’s available to electronic musicians now includes:
- Monophonic and polyphonic analog synths from several companies;
- Inexpensive synths and expensive synth workstations;
- MPC-style workstations & state of the art drum machines;
- Synth modules from 50+ companies;
- Cheap DAWs & recording gear;
- iPad music apps and accessories too numerous to count; and
- Every variety of MIDI controller.
There’s more electronic music gear available now than at any time in history!
Believe it or not, though, gear manufacturers are already trying to figure out what they should work on next.
What do you think is missing from the gear that’s available to musicians today? And what would you like to see someone introduce at the 2013 NAMM Show?