At the 2012 NAMM Show, Roland introduced the BK-5 Backing Keyboard. It’s designeed to combine multiple backing features into one keyboard.
The BK-5 offers over 1,100 presets and dozens of drum and percussion kits. The instrument is able to handle 128 voices simultaneously, and is compatible with a variety of voicing formats, including GM2, GS, and XG Lite.
- Self-contained, do-everything keyboard with auto-accompaniment engine and built-in sound system
- Wide selection of sounds, Music Assistants, and Rhythms that cover a wide landscape of musical genres (including East-Europe, Latin-America, Asia, and more)
- Friendly graphical user interface
- Onboard effects, including reverb, chorus, EQ, multi-band compressor, and dozens of multi-effects
- Music rhythm compatibility with Roland BK-7m/E-series/ G-series/VA-series instruments
- Compatible with backing formats (SMF, MP3, WAV, and Rhythm) directly from USB memory; instant audio recording onto USB memory
- Automatic chord detection for SMF files
- Video output to share SMF/MP3 Lyrics with friends or the audience on an external screen