Developer Xavier Hosxe, creator of the DIY PreenFM sound module, has released a firmware update.
Hosxe says that the most interesting feature is the addition of “2 step sequencers that can be routed in the matrix and sent to the modulation indexes or to one of the 32 other available destinations.” Hosxe previews this in the video, above.
Here’s what’s new in firmware 1.51:
- 2 steps sequencer routable in the matrix
- 4 additional rows in the modulation matrix. So we have now 12 rows.
- “test note” allow working on the step sequencer without external keyboard/sequencer.
- All oscillator frequencies at once available in the matrix destinations.
- UI enhancement such as holding an edit button go through the menu in reverse order.
The firmware update is a free download from the preenFM site.