Steinberg has introduced Padshop, a new granular synthesizer for Mac & Windows.
Steinberg says that Padshop is “a granular synthesizer that raises the standard in terms of handling, flexibility, musicality and sound.”
- Advanced granular synthesis engine with 2 independent layers, each with individual oscillator, edit and FX sections.
- Up to 8 grain streams per oscillator for impressively rich and spacious structures.
- Intuitive user interface for effective usability and direct accessibility.
- More than 400 presets dedicated to atmospheric pads and evolving textures.
- SoftGrain Wave ROM with hundreds of sounds for custom presets and individual tweaks.
- 10-stage Modulation Matrix with Note Expression support for unlimited flexibility.
- 12 different high-quality filter types for each layer.
- Step Modulator for rhythmic triggering of oscillators, filters, amp and pan.
- 2 LFOs and ADSR for filters and amp envelopes.
- Mono and Poly Mode with Legato and Glide.
- FX Section with high-class modulation and delay effects.
- VST 3 compatible host application support.
Padshop is scheduled for release on February 29, 2012. It requires Steinberg’s USB-eLicenser dongle.
See the Steinberg site for details.