Developer Nikolozi Meladze has updated Easy MIDI – an app that turns your Mac keyboard, trackpad and mouse into a MIDI keyboard controller.
Easy MIDI (App Store link) sends MIDI notes and control messages to any soft synth or DAW, including as GarageBand, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Cubase and Digital Performer. It also lets you control iPad apps that support CoreMIDI or hardware synth via MIDI interface.
Here’s what’s new in version 1.2:
- Added MPC style drum pads layout
- Use left/right arrow keys to change keyboard starting note.
- Caps Lock key toggles Easy MIDI Window.
- App Preferences added.
- You can choose app type: Dock or Status Menu (useful for fullscreen DAWs).
- App appearance options added.
- Switch between Keyboard/Drum Pads with cmd-1 and cmd-2 shortcuts