Image-Line just released this audio demo video for Sytrus – a hybrid software synthesizer for Windows.
Here’s what they have to say about Sytrus:
Sytrus delivers ethereal lush pads, sonorous bells, scintillating highs or simply dirty grunge. The 6 user-definable operators can act as independent oscillators for subtractive synthesis, cross-modulate to create complex FM (Frequency Modulation) or RM (Ring Modulation) synthesis or the 256 partial harmonic editor can be used to additively synthesize virtually any timbre you can imagine. With up to 64x oversampling Sytrus delivers 100% epic sound.
Sytrus features 3 independent, chainable, filter units, each containing an array of filters (13 types each with 5 cutoff slope settings) and integrated waveshaper (distortion processor).
The filter units are optionally followed by a Chorus, Delay & Reverb unit. 100% Flexibility.
- 6 independent operators with total freedom on oscillator shaping
- FM, RM, subtractive synthesis
- Multipoint articulation with unique arpeggiator system
- Fully controllable & automatable unison
- Effects: 13 filter types, 3 band Parametric EQ, Phaser, Chorus, Filters
- X/Y modulation control
- Up to 64x oversampling (for high-quality FM synthesis)
- 2Ghz AMD or Intel Pentium 3 compatible CPU with full SSE1 support
- 512Mb RAM.
- 30Mb free disc space.
- DirectSound or ASIO compatible soundcard.