The Pulse Controller is a hardware / software solution designed to ‘liberate computer-based musicians and performers from conventional input devices by allowing a surface to become a playable MIDI controller’. An included piezo microphone coupled with software converts acoustic impulses into MIDI Note messages.
The idea behind Pulse Controller was born out of the belief that as computer-based musicians and performers we should not be relegated to a grid of small 1×1″ pads or a keyboard to create our rhythms and provide pulse to our music. With the Pulse Surface Controller System, controlling percussive instruments can have a more visceral, immediate quality.
- Piezo microphone and software interface
- Attaches to any surface via integrated suction cup (velcro strips also provided)
- Connects to external audio device or built-in audio inputs (1/4″ and 1/8″)
- Velocity-sensitive and highly responsive
- Low-latency performance
- Compatible with all software that accepts MIDI Note messages (Cubase, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, VST/AU plug-ins, etc)
- Generate fixed note or random notes in a selected scale, with control of octave, octave width, root pitch and 21 Scales
- Fixed note length and note choke modes
- Store and recall presets
- Keyboard shortcuts for quick access to presets and important controls
- Mac OS 10.5, 10.6, 10.7 compatible
Note: the Pulse Surface Controller System does not include any sounds. It is an interface for controlling your MIDI-compatible software and instruments.
The Pulse Surface Controller System is available for $59.