Sound Magic has released Piano One a free Piano VSTi featuring the sound of the Yamaha C7 concert grand,.
Here’s what they have to say about Piano One:
Piano One offers both the Realistic Sound of Sampling and the Playability of Modeling. Hybrid Modeling provides an instantaneous feeling – no delay – and a truer and richer sound than can be created with either sampling or modeling alone. What’s more, Piano One utilizes only 150MB, which is quite a small footprint, making Piano One usable even on older PCs. There is no waiting time when loading and the CPU usage is so small that it’s virtually unnoticeable.
- Sound Magic Hybrid Modeling Technology
- Add-on System (needs internet connection)
- Actual modeling and soft pedal samples vividly present the sound of three
- kinds of pedals.
- Built-in professional Reverb Engine simulates resonances with environment
- and soundboard, adding extra realism to the sound.
- Faster load times. Smaller hard drive footprint, less memory and less CPU
The Windows version of Piano One is available now; a Mac version is in development.
Audio demos are available at the product page.
If you give Piano One a try, let us know what you think of it!