Xitive Inc has released Stochastik Drum Machine, a full-featured drum machine app for the iPad with a difference. Stochastik lets you set a *probability* that a note will trigger for each step.
The demo video above, via danmusicstoke, demonstrates this with drum and bass and glitch patterns.
Over a thousand samples are included, from classic analog drum machines to acoustic jazz and rock kits. You can mix and match samples to create the perfect kit for each song. You can also import your own samples through iTunes File Sharing, email or the Dropbox iPad App.
Stochastik plays well with other apps. When you bounce your pattern to a wav file, it’s automatically put in the clipboard for pasting into other apps. With WIST, you can wirelessly sync with other devices. With background audio, you can let Stochastik lay down the beat while you use a synth.
The one key feature that’s missing in action, MIDI support, the developer say is ‘coming soon’.
Stochastik Drum Machine is $4.99 in the App Store. If you try it, let us know what you think of it!
Stochastik Drum Machine Details
- 15 Samples at a time, arranged in 3 banks of 5
- Over a thousand included drum, cymbal and percussion sounds — acoustic, analog and digital. Learn more at http://stochastik.xitive.com/samples.html
- 32 Voices so you will have plenty of polyphony
- Bounce to 44.1Khz/16bit wav audio files
- Background Audio – the audio will continue to play when you switch apps.
- Coming Soon: Export each drum as a separate track for mixing in your digital audio workstation
- Stochastic programming of dynamic beats
- As many Patterns, Songs and Kits as you can fit on your device.
- Patterns can be 16, 32 or 64 steps long, and you can easily copy them to make tweaks.
- Quick touch pads on sequencer screen for jamming, recording your beats and making quick tweaks
- Sliders instead of knobs. I wish every music app got rid of knobs
- Precise Entry (tap a number to bring up the keyboard) for maximum control over volume, pan, bpm and shuffle
- Coming Soon: Mute / Solo, Set Volume per step.
- Import/Export wav files, songs, patterns and kits through Email, iTunes File Sharing, the Dropbox iPad App and more
- AudioCopy & Pasteboard support to use your drum patterns in GarageBand, BeatMaker and other compatible apps.
- Full “Open In…” support for working with other apps
- WIST so you can wirelessly sync Stochastik with other devices – http://www.korguser.net/wist/
- Coming Soon: MIDI
- Screen overlay for quick reference of where everything is
- Full PDF Manual that introduces drum machines and describes how Stochastik’s features work, in-depth
- Tutorial videos on YouTube