ADDAC Systems has introduced the ADDA701 Voltage Controlled Oscillator for Eurorack modular synthesizers.
The ADDAC701 is a fully analog Voltage Controlled Oscillator. It works at both the audio and sub-audio ranges (0.01 to 40.000 Hz), with four simultaneous waveform outputs (rectangular, sawtooth, triangle and sine).
- Four simultaneous outputs of Rectangular, Sawtooth, Triangular and Sine waves.
- Audio frequency range: 1 – 40.000 Hz.
- Low Frequency range: 0.01 – 400 Hz.
- Pulse width control for rectangular wave with two mixable inputs.
- Microtuning with dedicated CV input.
- Linear Frequency control input.
- Week and Strong Sync trigger.
- Auxiliary Out with normal and inverted outputs, with choice of waveform and output level.
The ADDAC701 VCO is priced at 400 Euros.
In the video, above, you can see 3 ADDAC701 VCO’s in action.
- It starts with all three in rectangular waveforms with fast pwm modulation through the ADDAC502 Lissajous Curves. ADDAC501 Complex Random in Quantized mode is used to generate the notes heard at a fixed speed.
- The video goes through with all 3 VCO’s in Saw waveform, then in Triangle and last with Sine Waveform.
A detailed description of the patch:
- All three ADDAC701 VCO’s are connected to ADDAC801 Simple Mixer from their AUX OUT+
- Second and third VCO’s are also connected to the bottom oscilloscope of ADDAC205 Dual Oscilloscope from their AUX OUT- output.
- The ADDAC801 Output is both connected to the sound system and to the top oscilloscope of ADDAC205 Dual Oscilloscope
- Each of the 3 ADDAC501 Complex Random outputs is conneced to each VCO, controlling their frequency, ADDAC501 is in Quantized Mode.
- 3 outputs of the ADDAC502 Lissajous Curves are connected to the PWM of each VCO.